Paper Submission Guidelines
The Mesoamerica Meetings Symposium now combines invited talks and papers submitted through our open call for submissions. We invite papers from anyone who is interested in presenting and will prioritize papers addressing some aspect of the theme of The 2019 Mesoamerica Meetings, but will also consider submissions on other aspects of Maya and Mesoamerican archaeology, culture, and history.
The paper submission deadline is October 15th, 2018. Accepted participants will be notified via email by November 1st, 2018.
Each speaker will have a 40-minute section of the program. Presentations should be 30-35 minutes long to respect the program schedule.
The Symposium will take place over a two-day period, from January 18th through January 19th, with a keynote presentation the evening of January 17th, 2019. By submitting a proposal, you agree to be available to participate during any of the two days of the conference. Requests for specific days or times for participation cannot be accommodated.
Please fill out the form fields below and hit submit to get to the next page. The last page has the space for an abstract no more than 200 words (1,130 characters) in length to be cut-and-pasted into the form, and a space to upload the speaker's curriculum vitae.
- Registration Instructions
- Information for the Workshops January 15-17
- Information for the Symposium January 18-19
- Symposium Program: Speakers and Talks
- Special event! Wednesday January 16 at the Blanton Museum of Art
- Friday evening special event - The Forms: Four Worlds
- Conference T-shirts
- About Austin
- Suggested Accommodations
- Directions and Parking Information
- Notice about traffic Sunday AM January 20
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Call for Papers now Closed!
- Return to The 2019 Mesoamerica Meetings Home Page