PLEASE NOTE: if you are travelling by car or heading to the airport on Sunday morning January 20th, be advised that the Austin Half Marathon will slow down traffic. Allow extra time for your travel arrangements!
Details on and around campus are as follows:
UT Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) will begin restricting parking in the areas listed below beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19, and will remain restricted until 2 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 20.
- Robert Dedman Dr. (west curb only) between Dean Keeton and 20th streets
- 20th Street between Robert Dedman Dr. and San Jacinto Blvd (F36 spaces)
- San Jacinto Blvd. between 20th Street and MLK Blvd.
All vehicles must be removed from these locations by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19. Any vehicles not moved by this time will be relocated, at the vehicle operator’s expense, to Lot 70, which is located just south of Mike A. Myers Track & Soccer Stadium (MMS).
The following areas will be closed to traffic from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20.
- Southbound lane of Robert Dedman Dr. between Dean Keeton and 20th streets
- Westbound land of 20th Street between Robert Dedman Dr. and San Jacinto Blvd.
- North and southbound lanes of San Jacinto Blvd. between 20th Street and MLK Blvd.
- Westbound lanes of MLK Blvd. between Red River and Trinity St.
- Eastbound lanes of MLK Blvd. between Guadalupe and Trinity streets
Brazos Garage (BRG) Permit-Holders: Access into BRG will be restricted from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20. Any BRG permit-holder who needs access to campus during this time may park in the Guadalupe Garage (GUG) or the East Campus Garage (ECG) by scanning their BRG permit at the entrance of these locations. Anyone needing to exit BRG during this time may do so, but will be required to travel westbound on MLK towards Guadalupe St. until the 3M Half Marathon traffic restrictions are lifted.
Manor Garage (MAG) Permit-Holders: Level 1 entry and exit access will only be allowed by traveling northbound on Robert Dedman Dr. Level 4 entry and exit access will be accessible via eastbound or westbound lanes of Clyde Littlefield Dr.
Trinity Garage (TRG) Permit-Holders: The race course will block the intersection of Trinity St. and MLK Blvd. TRG permit-holders will need to approach the garage northbound from Trinity St. and will be required to exit Level 1 or Level 4, eastbound onto MLK Blvd. toward Interstate 35 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20. If you plan to utilize the Trinity Garage, there may be delays in entering and exiting the garage during this time.
For more information on the 3M Half Marathon, go to http://3mhalfmarathon.com/
- Registration Instructions
- Information for the Workshops January 15-17
- Information for the Symposium January 18-19
- Symposium Program: Speakers and Talks
- Special event! Wednesday January 16 at the Blanton Museum of Art
- Friday evening special event - The Forms: Four Worlds
- Conference T-shirts
- About Austin
- Suggested Accommodations
- Directions and Parking Information
- Notice about traffic Sunday AM January 20
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Call for Papers now Closed!
- Return to The 2019 Mesoamerica Meetings Home Page